8 Perfect Yoga Poses to Practise When You Are Pregnant
Pregnancy is known to be the most incredible and special time in a woman’s life. Creating a life inside your body can prove to be life-altering and have a significant impact on your mental and physical health. This is why it is important for pregnant women to stay active throughout the nine months and surround themselves with positive vibes. One way to do this is by practicing prenatal yoga regularly.
Yoga is believed to be one of the best forms of prenatal care. It is an amazing combination of stretching and strengthening. However, it isn’t limited to just that. This physical form of exercise is also known to bring some mindfulness and awareness about your body and the changes it’s going through.
Keeping this in mind, we have rounded-up eight soothing poses of prenatal yoga that you can practise during pregnancy which can help reduce aches and pains in the simplest manner. Take a look:
1. Supta Baddha Konasana: It is also known as a reclined bound angle pose. This helps in increasing blood circulation in the lower abdomen, increases rotation in the hips and helps in stretching the groin. This pregnancy yoga pose can help expecting women in relaxing their body and soothing their mind.
2. Marjaryansana Bitilasana: As the baby begins to grow, a lot of pressure is put on the spine, causing back aches. The pain can intensify at some point and become unbearable. To relive yourself, try this table top position. Also known as cat or cow pose, it can help you distribute weight on your hands and knees and bring you some relief.
3. Balasana: This yoga in pregnancy pose can help you fight off nausea, calm your senses and relieve anxiety. You can even modify this pose by placing a pillow under your torso.
4. Malasana: This is believed to be one of the best yoga poses in pregnancy. Also known as garland or squat pose, this position helps in stimulating digestion and proves to be a great stretch.
5. Utkata Konasana: This is the best pose that can help you prep for childbirth. Also known as the Goddess pose, this asana helps in strengthening your muscles in the legs and create space in the pelvis region. It is because of such poses and its benefits that pregnancy yoga has become famous worldwide.
6. Trikonasana: Yoga during pregnancy is vital as it helps in relieving stress, anxiety and stiffness in your body. This extended triangle pose has the power to relieve you from any backaches or stiffness in the neck. Besides, this type of asana also helps in relieving indigestion.
7. Utthita Parsvakonasana: This is one of the most recommended yoga poses during pregnancy as it helps in creating space for the baby. It is also a prep pose for childbirth as it has the potential to increase stamina and strengthen the quads.
8. Savasana: After doing all these poses, give your body the rest it deserves by melting into a savasana or corpse pose. You can lie down on one side and place a bolster between your legs for extra comfort.
While yoga for pregnant women is considered to be the best form of exercise, it is advisable to consult an expert beforehand. This is because pregnancy yoga involves shifting your body weight from one point to another in a systematised manner. So, even if your doctor or midwife says that yoga is safe for you, it’s a good idea to practice only under the eye of a trained professional. Kegel exercises are also proven beneficial during pregnancy. If you are interested in running during pregnancy, here’s a quick guide for running during pregnancy.
Join Pampers Club and get: