Home Remedies for Abdominal Pain During the Third Trimester of Pregnancy
Pregnancy is a life changing event. It affects a woman’s physical and emotional health in every possible way. However, it has been noted that the third trimester especially, is the most difficult duration for a pregnant woman. This is because, you may experience cramps and pain in and around your abdomen during the third trimester of pregnancy, which makes this period a bit more challenging. Generally, the pain is caused by the changes that your body undergoes to accommodate your growing baby. However, there are certain other causes of such pains during the later stages of your pregnancy, such as constipation and Braxton Hicks contractions. While these pains are extremely normal, there are a few home remedies that may help reduce the discomfort.
1. Perform Meditation and Yoga: Pregnant women are constantly advised to perform pregnancy yoga poses and practise meditation, mainly because this form of exercise not only helps your mind, but also works wonders on your body. Practise this on a regular basis during your third trimester, and you’ll see a drastic change in your blood circulation and body aches.
2. Practise Mild Exercise: Lower abdominal pain during pregnancy third trimester can be caused due to lack of movement in your body. Thus, it is essential to keep your body active by performing simple exercises like walking and stretching. This will keep your muscles flexible and loose.
3. Dress Comfortably: During your third trimester of pregnancy, give your body enough room to stretch and breathe. This means, refrain from wearing clothes that fit around your abdominal area. Instead, choose dresses that are breezy and light.
4. Increase Fluid Intake: Stomach pain during pregnancy 3rd trimester can also be caused due to gas formation, constipation or even bloating. This can be cured by increasing your intake of fluids, which will thereby help in flushing out toxins from your body.
5. Reduce Caffeine: Another reason for stomach pain during pregnancy 3rd trimester can be due to the consumption of excessive caffeine. Acid-based oil present in caffeine causes acidity and gas, which can thereby lead to jabbing pain around the abdominal area. This is why expecting women are advised to reduce their consumption of tea, coffee, sodas and even chocolates.
6. Break Down Meals: It is quite common for pregnant women to experience some sort of upper stomach pain during pregnancy 3rd trimester, too. The reason is mostly the same: acidity, gastritis or heartburn. All of this can be avoided by simply following a proper diet chart. Break your meals into four or even five parts. This will allow you to give your body the essential nutrients and vitamins it needs without loading all of it in one go.
7. Massage Your Pain Away: Nothing can be more helpful than a good massage. Lie down and massage your body with some magnesium lotion or oil. Gently, put pressure on your groin and uterus area and try to relax your body.
8. Try a Hot Shower: The best home remedy to reduce sharp pains during the third trimester of pregnancy is to take hot baths, twice a day. This has proven to be very helpful. Besides, it gives you some time to relax and indulge in self-care.
It is very important to take care of yourself and look for different ways to de-stress your body during the third trimester. This will only improve your overall health and make your pregnancy less painful and more joyful. However, if the pain grows or becomes unbearable, it is advisable to visit your doctor at once.
Join Pampers Club and get: