Diaper changing is as much a part of parenting as feeding, even though it can sometimes be challenging at first. With a good knowledge of the nappy-changing basics, you'll be able to keep your baby dry, comfortable and ready to learn, sleep or play.
- Remove the used diaper and clean between the folds of baby's skin with gentle baby wipes, such as Pampers Sensitive Wipes. Remember to always wipe front to back.
- Raise baby carefully by the ankles and slide a clean diaper underneath. Know how to use Pampers Baby Dry diapers pants. The colourful markings should be on the front, facing you.
- Close the nappy and adjust the stretchy tabs so it isn't too tight or too loose, you should be able to fit two fingers snugly between the nappy and their stomach.
- Your baby's first poo will be a thick, greenish, almost tar-like substance called meconium. It can be tough to clean, but gentle baby wipes will help do the trick.
- Remember it's important to check your baby's diaper frequently, change after every poo, and after every nap or feed.
- Cover your baby boy's penis with a nappy or muslin while changing him to prevent getting a surprise shower yourself.
- If you start to experience frequent leaks, it might be time to move up to the next diaper size. Check out Pampers Premium Care diaper pants in all sizes.
Get expert tips on how to take care of a newborn baby here.
From week by week expert tips on pregnancy calendar to new born baby care tips, Pampers India is here to guide you through the amazing journey of early parenthood. Learn more about us, our baby diaper products & commitment to you.